Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I met Neels.... oops..we met each other

Well... let me start this when i was in Mysore... I got to know i'll be going to Hyd... and i thought -- hey, I can meet Neels ... then suddenly a little hesitation cropped up... would she like to meet me??? if at all we meet how will it turn out to be... So then i thought ok let me think about it later...

After 2 days in Hyd... Neels came to know i am in Hyd..and she passed on her mail id... and then again... I was hesitant... Shall i mail her...or shall i not... Then finally made up my mind and mailed her... then again should the mail be formal or casual.... Well i just wrote whatever came to my mind at that instant... and i got a reply from neels.... And wow!!! it made my day :)

In the mail itself she made me feel so comfortable... Well after a few more mails and phone calls...we decided to meet up on Saturday...

Saturday Morning... I was just relaxing a bit after my very very hectic week... Me n neels had decided to meet up for lunch... She had come near my guest house and given a call... I was just a few steps away...

Now i started thinking...how will everything be... how would she be... will she talk to me propelry??? Will I talk properly??? Just went down and on the road she was the only girl so could make out easily.... And then she smiled and said "Arathi??" and I say "Ya... Neelima" and after this short hello and hi..we got into the auto.... And then in a few minutes... We started talking... talking...talking... just dint feel that we were strangers till some time back....

Thank God I was so relieved... But the best thing was we both were so similar.... ofcourse little difference... but so much similar in our thoughts... how we felt for our family... how both of us LOVE our moms... and certain other things too... I couldnt believe that we could be so very similar. :)

Well we decided that we'll first do the bookings for the next day trip...and off we went for lunch... At lunch... most of the time we were talking... I was not even concerned as to what we were eating... We were more into talking and talking..... After lunch...we went to her college... Oh it was such a beautiful place... Old but wonderful... And this time again i forgot batteries for my camera.. so couldnt take any pics of the beautiful place...

She told me about her college days... there and we spoke a lot about how we were in college..how we are at home... how we trouble our moms... Sat in front of the fountain for a few mins... It was so much fun... We left the college and went for chota shopping(small shopping)... well on the way she showed me places where she used to have fun with her friends.... and i was so happy listening to all that...reminded of my college days :) We bought just 2-3 things... I bought a long earring... and she bought a clip... She just picked up one of them and asked my opinion... and in the short span what i knew of her... gave her my opinion... and we both just laughed... we commented on a few other things...finally finished shopping and parted, to meet up the next day for the trip....

I thanked God for sending such a nice simple yet wonderful person to me as a friend...

Well next day however we couldnt go for the trip together as she met with a small accident... I went with my collegue... Well about the trip...some time later...

Neels... u just made my day... I know i have told this to u already.. but i have a habit of repeating things.... ;)

Well I wouldnt say thanks... as it would just be a word, but i would like say it was a gr8 experience meeting u....and am already waiting to meet u again :)

Neel's experience about our meeting-here.....

48 comments:

Prabha said...

very chweet post ,Art :)
Hey I tried nimbo.net.. theres no link to get sorted?actually nothing on the page except some falling oranges?:( I love Harry Potter ,btw

Akruti said...

Arathi,i guess while writing the posts also i can see the similarity,we both echoed the thoughts:)
i can now proudly say that i have girlfriend in blogworld:D.It was really wonderful to meet u arathi,and ofcourse we r for sure meeting:) again before u leave and again we will make it simle and yet cherishable. god bless u:)

Fundoo said...

Can't agree more with both of you Art and Akruti. You gals are similar... so much so that your posts look similar too. :p (Or did Art do a copy paste from Neels' blog? :-? Kidding...)

Sounds like Hyderabad visit has turned out to be a good experience for you! Do make sure to write about your adventure in phull detail okie?!!!

Nice post... well written. :)

Akruti said...

Fundoo,u better run for ur life before i cath hold of u and throw u away from the highest possible place in Delhi,and then u wouldn be able to put in ur precious remarks such as
"p (Or did Art do a copy paste from Neels' blog? :-? Kidding...)

Hey baghwaan,is ladke ko thodi si sadbuddhi do.why do u think everyone is like u??? bhuhahahaha,how was that now

Nupur said...

The only time I was in Hyd was at my sis's wedding in 2003! And I thought it was a great city!!

This is a great blog and such a sweet post... hopefully I might get to meet fellow-bloggers some day!! :D

Woodooz said...

And both of u never bothered to invite me... Saad !!!

Looks like the two of you had the same apprehensions before meeting and ended feeling all excited about the whole thing :o)

Unknown said...

GREAT EXPERIENCE! WE MUST HAVE A BLOGGERS' MEET SOMETIME!
PS: SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK. MY KEYBOARD IS STUCK!! :((

Unknown said...

Hmm.. Nice post.. its always nice to know a person who makes us feel so comfortable esp when we were so apprehensive about them!
Blogger's meet.. hmm, nice idea!! but is it feasible?!

Art said...

prabha,
guess some prob with nimbo.net..

Fundoo,
Well i had this post in my drafts already ready... so couldnt change it with copy paste... but see thoughts are the same:)

Neels,
We will surely meet up... And yes this was similar too...

Nupur,
Hyd is a nice city... Well i too hope to meet my other fellow bloggers..

Somu,
Same comment in both the blogs.... this is copy paste... well if u were in Hyd we would have invited u too ;)

Srini,
Ya that is a good idea...

Naren,
there are so many blogger's meet happening... moreover it need not be a lot of ppl... so its always feasible.

iamnasra said...

WOw this seems great ...Enjoyed reading the meeting between two blogers

Woodooz said...

Lol ! Aarthy, yeah it was just a copy paste. Coz the message that I wanted to put across to you and neels was just the same :o)

@$#!$# said...

Well Neels blog echoes more or less the same sentiments.....

Hyd is a nice place...hope u have a great time there!

phatichar said...

Nice post...came here thro' neelima's. good one.. :)

Art said...

iamnasra,
well i have tried my best to put down all my feelings.

Somu,
Well i understand... But still cnp .... ;)

Ashish,
Well we both felt the same..so posts are similar :)

Phatichar,
Welcome to the blog. :)

Unknown said...

hi.. came here via neel's blog....
seems u both had a nice time together.. :)

Potpourri said...

Mmm, so you guys met your alter-egos :) Nice to read about your experiences.. u know what I am a amma's pet too...same pinch.
am going nuts staying 1000s of miles away from her even though I'm married to the guy I'm madly in love with :)

Art said...

Prasad,
Welcome to the blog.

Harshit,
thanks and welcome to the blog.

Potpourri,
Well mom is always special... And will be missed...

Sonali,
well said Sonali... liked that "its Life..."
Wow u too in Gryffindor...welcome buddy:)

Visithra said...

Dear god - that was like reading twins account on a day out - u guys are definitely similar - amazing blogsphere isn't it ;p

Raju PP said...

wow... this was another sweet post from ya... nice to see u have a gf in the blogworld as neels put it :D

Art said...

Visithra,
very true...

Raj,
ya... thats rite... well i am waiting to meet u too...rememeber... stuff aloo...

Art said...

Gangadhar,
:)

Het,
well.. i will be in mumbai in 2-3 days time.. but will be there only for a few hrs...but next time will surely inform u.

Prakash said...

Hi
Thanks for dropping comments 0n mine. looks like u both had a good time...
prakash

Vivhyd said...

Thats nice alrite to meet a fellow blogger or for that matter someone u know thru the internet for the 1st time!! but for a moment the way u both have written it looks like u guys went for a blind date or something (with a guy tht is)..

but its nice and its a suspense to meet in person isn't it? .. I am gonna say the same in her blog too..

Anonymous said...

Oh ! So one more Neels ... Let god Save the world

AmitKen said...

cool... so u met a fellow blogger. i know it feels little strange when u think of meeting a person whome u know only thru a blog (or chat or mails) ... but it sure is worth giving a try ...

thanks to blogger meets that we have in delhi, i've met quiet a few fellow bloggers in delhi, and some of them are good friends now :)

Baejaar said...

All the best for your future. Enjoy the "paid vacation(s)" ;-)

GS said...

good to know you are having fun in Hyd. ... Meeting long forgotten friends is always such a great pleasure!

codeextracts said...

Hey, nice to know you two actually met each other! It must have been fun, a storm of thoughts being shared upon.. and what not!

Have fun in the coming days :)

God bless you Arathi and Neelima!

Unknown said...

okay - something to get the blogger's meet rolling. how about a meet in bangalore some weekend nearby?? i've to put this on other blogs too...

ESIH said...

thats cool...its always a huge deal of anticipation when you meet someone new..:)

Woodooz said...

And so, after the meet, why the silence ?

Art said...

prakash,
yes i really did...

vivhyd,
it really feels gr8 to meet a person...

amit,
ya...its really nice to meet.

dheepak,
well it was not a totally paid vacation... i just got the accomodation.

Art said...

Gayathri,
its always gr8 to meet friends.

Fictional Reality,
We had loads of fun... :)

Srini,
Well it would have been gr8... but i am in US now...

Sush,
Thats very true..

Smy..,
I am sure that living far away from home is so very difficult... However nice the place is... the joy of being with loved ones is just wonderful...

Somu,
Well was a bit busy... lots of things happening... Will update soon... May be my next post would be "My first time in the USA"....

Hul said...

one thing that did not surprise me in your post was "We started talking... talking... talking..." !!!!!

Good to know you had fun in Hyd.
Cheers

Unknown said...

wow! so you landed in the USA! great! have a gala of a time. when're you gettin back?

Woodooz said...

WOW ! That's good news !!! Looks like am having an influence on ya ;o))) lol !

Murali said...

heyy no new posts oflate???

Art said...

Hul,
well i would say i would cherish it all my life

Gangadhar,
I am fine... Well my post would be up very soon.. in 1-2 days.

Srini,
well not yet decided... depends on work..

Somu,
Well influence... hmmm....naaahhhh!!! haha

optimist,
new post coming up soon.:)

Unknown said...

:) that's lovely...
making a good friend can be a delight!

Kishore said...

Hey thanks for dropping by.. which part of the country r u in now.. :)

Art said...

perspective,
very true.

Kishore,
I am in GA now.

Art said...

sure het

Baejaar said...

You missed it completely. When I said "paid vacations" I was referring to ur US trip........

Art said...

dheepak,

Well i thought it was for Hyd... but even US ... for a vacation... well i dont think so... weekends are fun.. weekdays... loads of work :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Though the same eternal excitement, joy and fun of meeting someone you know but not seen...yet there is something very touchy in your story...

Thinking of writing a short-story based on you gal's experience ...don't worry...I will not foget to mention you gals names in the credit. :)

Thanks for sharing such a sweet and touching spot...another color of life!

Art said...

Ajay,
that was a memorable day for me!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Stop pop up blocker windows advertising shareware programs Lose 50 pound of weight fast pictures buick lesabre Taba hyatt regency http://www.laptop-accessory-0.info Buy raisins swimsuits Www.roxy discount backpacks Bontril affiliate bingo game sport online gambling