I have read so many posts where we crib about our company. Even though some feel we don’t have the expected monetary benefits. I still have a list of reasons why I wouldn’t crib about it
1. Joy on my parents’ face when I got the job.
2. Liberty to get them any gift, which I have always wanted them to have.
3. I found the love of my life here.
4. Roommates/training mates became friends for life
5. Superb onsite trips.
6. Amazing friends made at onsite, it was because of them that homesickness was not a routine. Infact, when I came home for a vacation, I missed them so much that I wanted to go back.
7. Learnt to be independent. Earlier, I wouldn’t even go and buy a chocolate on my own (unless for gifts), had never paid bills of any sort.
8. Financial independence.
9. Bought my first mobile phone.
There might be lots more, and I agree that any first company which we join gives us joy. The fact that in my case it happens to my company, just gives the company that vantage point that I would be ever grateful.