Thursday, September 10, 2015

Mom or Friend

One day, while I was still in school, I had a small fight with my then best friend. I was upset, but dint want to share it with anyone. Once I was back from school, I went to my room and cried, and slept on the bed.

My mom came to see what happened to me, and she saw a note in my hand. It was folded, and she could see dried tears on my cheeks. She realized there was something troubling me. She opened the note and in my handwriting were these words “I don’t have any best friend. I am all alone”

She did not wake me up, she let me get my sleep, since I was emotionally exhausted. When I woke up, she was there. She did not ask me why I had cried, or what my best friend had done. Instead she showed the note to me and said. “Never feel alone in life. I am there for you. If you have no other best friend. Always remember, I am your friend. I can be your best friend. If you want me to be.”

I probably hugged my mother and smiled. Somehow I felt I will never be alone in my life, now that I have a best friend in her.

Ofcourse, I grew up and probably don’t share every little detail with her. Sometimes she behaves like my mother and not my friend. But we are in a stage where we can start off where we left kind of best friends. We fight, sometimes don’t speak for days, and when we start speaking, it’s as if we never fought.

Sometimes I accuse mom, that she has completely turned into my mother and no longer my friend. But in a few days, we go back to being best friends. So as a mother or as a friend, I know she will be there for me always.. I can only try J

4 comments:

Hema said...

You and your mom have an amazing friendship. Very few people can say that about their parents. Muah!

-Hema

Art said...

Very true Hema... We can shift our relationship as we want.. sometimes mother-daughter, sometimes friends... and awesome shopping buddies too...

Art said...

Very true Hema... We can shift our relationship as we want.. sometimes mother-daughter, sometimes friends... and awesome shopping buddies too...

Art said...

Very true Hema... We can shift our relationship as we want.. sometimes mother-daughter, sometimes friends... and awesome shopping buddies too...