Monday, June 06, 2005

Hectic Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weekend!!!!! All of us really wait for this... Time to rest and time to spend time with family.

Well i had a very hectic weekend. No time even to see TV[well i do that whenever i go home and mom says "to see TV u dint have to come".] I reached home on Saturday morning around 11 AM. I was so tired, not coz of the 3 hr journey, but coz of heat. And i was sooooooooo hungry. Then i ate chappatis....[hmm moms are the best cooks in the world. ] I was just eating, suddenly asked my mom - y not go for a movie today. I wanted to see Aaptamitra[Kannada, in Tamil its Chandramukhi]. So we decided that we go for the 4.30 show. Obviously 1.30 wouldnt be possible. :)
I called up my cousin too, she s having holidays now. Then around 3 we left our place. We thought we'll get down one stop before majestic and then go in the auto to the theatre... And bless the bangalore traffic, it took us half an hr to reach the theatre... It would have been the same if we had walked from the busstand. Anyways we saw the movie, and it was excellent. Esp the background sound, the acting of Soundarya and Vishnuvardhan - too good...
We reached home around 9. I was so tired... that i was feeling sleepy. But just then my brother came back from his classes, and i spent nearly 1 hr to tell him the story[he doesnt have to watch the movie, i told him everything scene by scene], then called up one of my friends, and finally slept off by 11.30...
Noramally on weekends i dont get up early, atleast not by 7 or 7.30, but on Sunday i had to. I had to go to a temple, and so i went there. It was nice... I went there after so many months. Felt really good. I used to go to that temple daily when i was in school, it was very near to our place. Now it takes 1 hr bus journey. I then thought y not meet up with my friend, she stayed nearby. So called her up and both of us went to CCD [Cafe Coffee Day].
It was really nice, after so many months, we met. But it was only for half an hr, she had to go for some family function.
Well i had thought of levaing by the evening train, but by the time i reached home, i was very tired[i wasnt a bit well too], so decided that will go in the morning. So i slept for a while, then had lunch, saw TV for a while, then suddenly i thought y not prepare something to eat. And so by 7 i had prepared stuffed aaloo. Mom was very happy, coz i seldom cook. But when i cook, its tasty :).
Then after this it was relaxing, I wasnt well so was just lying down, and watching Kaho Naa Pyar Hai, for the nth time, not that i loved the movie, but just for timepaas. By 11 couldnt stay awake,so went and slept off.
Thus ended by weekend. And now off to a new week. Hope everybody has a wonderful week ahead. :)

15 comments:

Raju PP said...

wooohooo, tat was gr8 to hear :)
yeah, even i think 'apthamitra' is by far the best kannada movie after a long long time. Glad u saw that atleast now ;) [remember?? i had suggested this movie last week] ;)
And yeah, stuffed aloo!!! u owe that to me... better u dont forget that ;)

Art said...

hehe. ya u suggested the movie to me. Actually this was the kannada movie i watched in the theatre after so many years[i have watched most of them on TV, but theatre naa..].Either by the time i want to watch movie is no longer in the theatre or i dont feel like watching the movie.
And stuffed aaloo, sure i wont forget that...

Karthik L G said...

Raa raaa...

wow ur weekend was hectic.. nice
so ur back to office now nice to hear u saw a kannada movie..soundarya was fab..though her last :
I went to forum to catch up with namma uppi's 'gowramma' but it was sold out..again was happy as a kannada movie was in demand in PVR
Uppi is losing his charm n originality by acting in many remakes..we need the original uppi as in A,upendra n h20 .. :)

stuffed aloo..? or atufeed alloo paratha..sounds yummy

Woodooz said...

Know what... I can easily differentiate between the chapatis my cook makes and the ones my mom makes. You can guess which ones would be tastier.

Despite the slump in the Kannada movie market, I heard aptamitra did really well. And there were even news about not releasing chandramukhi there as the Kannada version was still going strong.

Contrary to what u did, I hardly spend my weekends at home. :o)

Art said...

Karthik,
'Uppi' oh i just dont like him yaar. I watched A and Upendra, just got wild. Very difficult to understand, and yes not to forget Hollywood. But he sure has a gr8 fan following.My all time fav are Vishnuvardhan and Anantnag. They still bring charm to movies. And yes these days i like Ramesh and Ramkumar too...
And more recently... Sunil[though i used to like him a lot when he was doing serails]
And yes it was stuffed aaloo not aaloo paratha. And yes it was very yummy :)

Somu,
obviously ur mom's chapatis would be tastier.
Actually i heard a few people in the theatre saying Jyothika wasnt as charming as Soundarya. I would like to watch Chandramukhi - atleast for the sake of comparison Vishnuvardhan vs Rajnikant and Soundarya vs Jyothika.
Weekends, i just love going home. Not just because my parents are there, but mom is my best friend. So if not for myself. I go home, coz it makes her so happy. :)

Akruti said...

First thing:) absolutely right abt moms being great cooks:D
U explained the story to ur bro,i can understand,i do the same,but u dint tell me his reactions?? he sat through the story session,dint he runaway,atleast try?? mine does but i dont allow him to do that.women r great in pursuading when they have to talk,isnt it dear;p
And now,u cook?? huh,u sure make me jealous,well,even i do,but when,where,how and what? all Q acc to my mom,she is still dreaming to see me show her my abilities in cooking.
Hope ur health is fine now,have a greeat week ahead.

Murali said...

Movies at the weekend..n tat too with frnds....now tat infuses a new spirit in2 u nah.....
often then only regret is tat u hafta go to office the preceding monday!!!

Art said...

Neels,

Well my bro was too tired that day to even say no, but he did listen to the story and gave his comments. He dint runaway coz we were having dinner then, but nowadays he s got used to it. Before he used to runaway :)
Well i am sure when people who donot cook often will prepare tasty and different dishes. Do try sometime. It so much fun.
Health is pretty ok now. Not that gr8 though.

grey vampire,
Welcome to the blog. And yes this time it was a bit different.

Optimist,
went to the movie with mom and cousins, but yes going out with friends is also fun.

AmitKen said...

hmmm... you had a wonderful weekend. the movie you saw, is that the Rajnikanth movie making waves these days??? the man is still going strong, it seems :))

and YES, mom-made-food is the best food in world :)

Art said...

ya its the same movie, but in kannada. The movie is really good. I heard from a few people the kannada version was better. But i dont know. I would like to see the tamil movie too conclude on that, or to have my opinion.

Prakash said...

weekendsssssssss i hate weekends here cos every time we plan to go somewhere it rains here. so as usual it rained most of the time.
so had a bad weekend like u.but u lied about ur cooking..........just kidding
dropped in for the first time....
will visit again

Art said...

Prakash,
Welcome to the blog... Do visit again. :)
By the way i never said i had a bad weekend, infact i enjoyed it a lot :). Or may be it was a typo that u wrote i had a bad weekend.
Well my cooking may not be as gr8 as my mom's, but it surely was tasty ;)

Vivhyd said...

hectic one alrite!! have chandramukhi cd with me from ages!! haven't watched it.. weekends keep passing by .. I saw Hitch (Will Smith).. yday.. do watch it... if u can..& ofcourse do visit my blog...

Baejaar said...

Arathi,
I can think of several better ways of utilizing the time then watching Chandramukhi (I wish I had this divine realization before I watched that movie) After wasting several hours during your precious weekend in hometown, dont tell me that I didnt warn you.

Prabha said...

Arathi,
looks like u had a great weekend..
still 4 more days to go!!iam just waiting..