Friday, February 24, 2006

My childhood days

Was reading Prakash's post on how society has changed... And my whole focus went on kids...

Me as a kid... loved to play... and yes i wasnt picky(but somehow tried to avoid carrom).. outdoor indoor, anything would be fine.
How much I used to run around in the hot sun with all my friends( was in Chennai for 4 years)
how much i loved building castles with mud(this was when i used to play alone)

My bro was just few months old.. so couldnt play with him outside.. but yes I remember how much mom used to pester me to wash my hands legs face befoe i could even touch my bro... He was such a darling ( or delicate darling)... ok ok all kids are.. moreover i dint want to paas on germs to my 6-7 months old baby bro... I used to be so careful... I was so scared to touch him...( what if i hurt him)... I still am scared to touch small kids...

Ok now back to the topic...
We always had a group of atleast 4, so we could play so many things... My immediate neighbours and friends, were elder to me...I never called those 2 akka or anna though... they taught me badminton... They never let me lose hope (i have a big starting problem)
We used to play cricket, though she dint like it all other friends had no probs so we used to play... And sometimes we used to play Monopoly ( or business in those times).. We used to sit near the gate and play...Our neighbour aunty used to come n tell us to go inside and sit in shade.... in that case we used to go under a tree or so.. We liked to be outside... Going inside means... anytime moms could say "Study......" and we never liked those words " I still dont like" and dont tell bro also, unless I want to watch my channel **wicked**

Ok I deviated again from the topic and i wrote a lot.... So let me try to write on that topic some other time...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This was a sweet post :) Its nice to relish childhood memories... feels gr8 :)
All tht abt ur baby bro.. reminds of how I used to be with my baby sis.. its soooo nice to be with such chotu ones.. but again little bit scary :D

Alapana said...

Nothing like those days filled with Innocence and full of happiness and joy.

Shriedhar said...

hey u shd hv told more abt childhood days :)

Keshi said...

Childhood is the only time I enjoyed life as it is..

Keshi.

Art said...

Gangadhar,
:).. Me good... Well weekend this time was not so good :)

Naren,
I am still scared to handle little babies :)As for my bro, now i am no longer scared and we both fight like hooligans... but we love each other a lot...

Alap,
Thats so true...

Sridhar,
Not to worry will tell more.. :)

Keshi,
Ya me too.. It was so much fun :)

Het,
I guess all of us have similar days in the childhood :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Hi !

Could wriggle time to blog hop just abt now ..

am going home (BLR) this weekend !

I too remember these things ... we still live in a joint family ,... and hence great time for all of us as a kid ...

and i had so many neighbors ... whose kids were my age .... the guys taught me how to go about climbing walls and gates ... and 2nd cousin taught me abt trees ... but i guess , i preferred gates to trees !

and business ... always taught it was too costly .... never ask ed them to buy a set ... imagine my delight when dad bought me one in my 7th !!!!

then , there was chess ... carroms ... well , i was playing spoil-sport .. or sour grapes .. u get my menaing .. dont u ?

badminton wsa my all time fav ...

man ! u really take me down the memory lane !!!