Monday, November 17, 2008

Children's Day - Nov 14

Had this thought for 2 days now, but the pen (ok... lets say keyboard) dint want to work on this front.

It was Children’s Day on November 14. Since I was the youngest among friends, they still consider me a kid. I got a wish from one of my friends. It was good to see that we are still the same, inspite of so many changes in our lives.

There is one Nov 14 which will always remain etched in my memory. This was a few years back. I was in 11th that time. Our school celebrated tiny tots’ day on this day. Since Bro was still in the school and was participating, I had planned to go. Just a few days back Dad had to go to Delhi for Delhi and since mom never used to go anywhere coz she had to take care of us, we forced her to go this time. So I had to help bro for the drama which he was a part of.

Till this date, anything we ever wanted mom or dad got it for us. Be it a small pencil or a big costume for any of the events. All of a sudden I felt the responsibility of getting things done for his event. I had never felt happier before since I was never completely responsible for such a big event in my life. I went and met his teachers, found out what was to be done. Since I was part of the same school earlier, I dint need introduction with the teachers. I then had to get him a fake sadhu kind of look. I rushed to the shop where they gave these stuff for rent. Just the day before his event, I went to the place where I had booked for this fake hair and beard. This was on the way back from my college. The next day I had taken a off, since I had to help bro and I loved to see him perform on stage. And to add to all these was I was the only one present for him to look upto. Our pati (granny – mom’s mom)) was staying with us for those days. She and me went to see the event. It was a huge success, and bro looked so cute in that outfit. We cheered for him. Since the event happens in the morning, by afternoon all this gets over.

Pati, bro and me went back home and in the evening I went with bro and returned the fake hair and beard. Well I was content that I could manage my responsibility well. Of course this wouldn’t have been possible if mom wasn’t virtually with me. She used to call every now and then to find out I am safe and if I have any problems. Well I had to do things right, after all its not so easy to convince parents that you can be responsible, not just you alone, but also your kid brother, living up to the expectation was the priority. I would thank mom for giving me that opportunity to feel confident about my capability.

This was and will truly be the best Children’s day of my life.

No comments: