Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Sankranti - 2009!!

Happy Sankranti. G woke me up in the morning. I had slept late after making some preparations for the festival. I love festivals in which we give gifts to other people. The whole excitement of shopping for them and letting out your creative juices to flow in the process is just too good.

Flashback:
Tuesday evening I went shopping. We don’t have a car, so I had to keep in mind that things I buy don’t weigh too much and should be easy to carry. First I went to a shop where I could find some plates on which I could decorate the stuff. I was looking around and found some cute little cards (for personalized messages) and some small bags. I picked up these, some mixed nuts and a few chocolates. The next destination was for fruits. I had thought of 5 fruits, but then I was giving these for 10 ppl, so getting 5 fruits and 10 each would be heavy. A little bit of searching and I found mini apples, mini pear, strawberries, raspberries and bananas. So except banana everything else was light weight… Hurray!!! Mission accomplished. Now the last thing left was to go home and pack.

Me and G conferenced and called both the homes and wished everybody. By the time the calls got over it was 8.30 PM. I still had to start the packing. This went on till 11.00 PM, had dinner and then continued with the personalized notes. By the time I had everything packed for the next morning, it was 12.30 AM

Sankranti Bagana
Photobucket

Another one
Photobucket

A sample bag
Photobucket

Another one
Photobucket

Close up of all the bags
Photobucket

All the bags finally
Photobucket
Rolling back to Sankranti day:
All of us had to come ethnic that day. Out of which 5 of us even agreed on a saree. So off I went in the bus wearing a saree, with a bag full of goodies. It was a fun day. So many of them had got Pongal (Sweet/Non sweet). I had decided to take it the next day. Later I gave the gifts to all my friends here and they were extremely happy with this. After lunch we people even had a photo session. My mom said doesn’t look like you were not in India.
It was so much fun. Finally for dinner we had rice, sambar and sweet pongal.

No comments: