Monday, June 28, 2010

Credit Market

This incident happened a couple of months back.
I was at my desk, trying to get past the chunk of code, when I heard the extension ring.

Me: Hello
Phone: Hello mam, I am calling from #### bank, we are offering
Me: I am not interested.
Phone: (uninterrupted) you a credit card with
Me: Excuse me!!
Phone: (still uninterrupted) zero percent interest.. blah blah..
Me: (phew!! She is done). Ok, now that you have finished what you have to say. I am not interested.
Phone: Why madam?
Me: Firstly, you don’t have the patience to listen to what I was trying to say. Secondly, I am just not interested.

15 mins later, another ring

Me: Hello
Phone: Hello mam, I am calling from #### bank
Me: I just got a call 15 mins back and I said not interested
Phone: we are offering you a credit card with zero percent interest.. blah blah
Me: Ok.. but I am not interested
Phone: Why mam?
Me: If I need a credit card, I will call you.

15 mins later, another ring

Me: Hello
Phone: Hello mam, I am calling from #### bank
Me: I just got a 2 calls in half an hour and I said not interested
Phone: we are offering you a credit card with zero percent interest.. blah blah
Me: Ok.. but I am not interested
Phone: Why mam?
Me: (Irritated) Why don’t you go and ask the other 2 people who called

After this, I haven’t got any calls from them, but a funny incident happened last week

There were around 6-7 people in the elevator. The phone in the elevator started ringing. After looking at each other’s face, one guy decide to pick the call.

Him: Hello
Phone: ******
Him: (After he kept the receiver back, announced) : #### credit cards

All of us burst out laughing… And this statement just came to my mind

“Credit card Lelo Credit Card..”
“Togolrappo togolli.. free credit card”

No comments: