Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tak dina dhin

Music is something which most of us like. I am not a very big fan of classical music. Neither am I a fan of western music. Its just the mood I am in, and any kind of music can interest me anytime. And I don't care much for instrumental music too.

When G told me there is a concert by Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia and Ustad Zakir Hussain, I was not totally thrilled, but I did want to go to the concert. So off we went in the traditional attire to the first ever classical concert of my life. We reached a few minutes late, but that was ok, since the show had just started. The first performance was just the flute and I was just trying to get into the groove. After a while I had quit trying, I was getting into the groove.

The real entertainment started when the tablas started, it was just superb. There were moments where I did have goose bumps. The part I loved the most was the jugalbandi, how the flute and tabla were competing with each other. The whole auditorium was just deafened with the applause, so many times. And most of the time it was not coz of the crowd, I did that on my own. I never thought I could like instrumental music this much.

I must say, it was one of the curious evenings and it just turned out pretty interesting.

No comments: